My Favorite Tools for Organizing the Bedroom
As a professional organizer I often get asked for product recommendations to help with home organization. While I stand by my belief that getting organized isn’t about buying stuff, there are some items I use in my own home that make storage much easier. Today, I’m sharing my favorite tools for organizing the bedroom. This post is part of a recurring monthly series: click to see my previous selections for the kitchen, entryway, and bathroom. If you’re not already subscribed to my mailing list, do so at the link down below so you don’t miss any future installments!
1. Velvet hangers - I resisted buying these for years because they seemed unnecessary but I’m so glad I finally did! These skinny velvet-coated hangers (popularized by Joy Mangano) save space in your closet and keep your clothes from sliding off. My only complaint is that their grip makes taking clothes on and off a little more difficult, but their benefits more than make up for that. Pro tip: determine how many of these will comfortably fit in your closet (allowing a bit of space between each one) and limit your wardrobe to the number of hangers.
2. Stackable shoe rack - Make the most of your closet space by sliding a few of these shoe racks under your hanging clothes. This style is my favorite: they are sturdy, stackable, easy to assemble, and they come in two lengths and several colors to fit your closet perfectly.
3. Drawer dividers - Adding structure to your dresser drawers is key for keeping smaller items like socks, underwear, and ties in order. This set allows you to create custom-sized dividers to perfectly fit your items and the size of your drawers.
4. Jewelry storage - Keeping necklaces, bracelets, and earrings neat but easily accessible is a challenge. This simple and elegant rack looks great on a dresser or countertop while storing all your baubles at your fingertips.
5. Over-door valet hook - Are those in-between clothes cluttering up your bedroom, the ones that aren't dirty enough for the laundry but not clean enough to put away? Give them a home with this valet hook, perfect for your PJs and loungewear that are always laying around.
If you found these tips helpful be sure to subscribe to the Pretty Neat weekly email! You'll get a short and sweet message each week with my best advice for a more beautiful and functional home. Click here to sign up, and you'll also receive my FREE guide: How to Get Rid of Stuff!
Make it fab!