My Favorite Tools for Organizing the Office
As a professional organizer I often get asked for product recommendations to help with home organization. While I stand by my belief that getting organized isn’t about buying stuff, there are some items I use in my own home that make storage much easier. Today, I’m sharing my favorite tools for organizing the office. This post is part of a recurring monthly series: click to see my previous selections for the kitchen, entryway, bathroom, and garage. If you’re not already subscribed to my mailing list, do so at the link down below so you don’t miss any future installments!
1. Drawer organizers - The key to keeping all those little office supplies organized is adding some dividers to your desk drawers and giving everything a home inside. I use these identical dividers in my office and I like how they come with a variety of sizes that can accommodate my office and crafting supplies. They can be arranged to fit most drawers and lock together to keep everything in place.
2. Magazine holders - Shelf space is often at a premium and you can make the most of yours by storing items vertically in magazine holders. I have used simple cardboard ones like these for years and they have held up through a ton of use! These are perfect for keeping paper, folders, magazines, notebooks, planners, and reference materials at your fingertips.
3. Poppin desk accessories - These sturdy, colorful desk accessories are a splurge but I think they are well worth it for storage you plan to keep out on your desktop everyday. I have several of these items in Pretty Neat orange and they make me smile when I’m working!
4. Desktop file storage - I find it helpful to keep my three active files out and within easy reach in my office. This clear storage box can be used upright, laying flat, or hung on the wall.
5. Hanging and tabbed folders - I keep my file drawers organized by using a combination of hanging and tabbed file folders (read more about my filing method here). These basic ones do the job and don't cost a lot.
If you found these tips helpful be sure to subscribe to the Pretty Neat weekly email! You'll get a short and sweet message each week with my best advice for a more beautiful and functional home. Click here to sign up, and you'll also receive my FREE guide: How to Get Rid of Stuff!
Make it fab!